Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

February 21, 2016

We went out to the Farm yesterday and cleared out the Shipping Container of all of the trash and  one small family of mice. It took about three hours and added maybe ten yards of debris to our already HUGE and very problematic debris pile.

The first thing I noticed when we first found the property was the shipping container. The trash was just pouring out of the thing. You couldn't see very deeply into it and the trash pile was about four feet high at the entrance. We didn't explore it the day we found the place, that came later.

One of my favorite container stories took place the weekend after we met Collette and were given permission to look around.

This is the container as it appeared to Jack and Me in the story following after.
Of everything you see here, almost none of it remains today. And the rest is about to go.
Our house will sit just behind the un-named thing
about one-third of the way from the left of this picture.
Jack and I went out on a nice early Spring morning while Ann was at work. I went back as far as I could into the container, about half way back. There didn't appear to be anything of value in the entire thing. While on my way out I heard a soft chuckling sound coming from no-place in particular. You have to imagine how creepy the whole experience was. Even without the un-named chuckling thing the place was creepy enough, but the chuckling sound made things much worse. Jack was out of there immediately, talking about horror movies and how this was what the main plot of them was. But I was a bit more interested, so I stomped around a bit, hoping to hear the sound again. Eventually I heard the laughing sound again.

Scanning around I saw a foot sticking up from somewhere near the entrance. As it turned out the sound came from a white teddy bear buried head first in the trash. I pulled it out and it chuckled once more as it hung upside down from my hand, me standing up near the ceiling on a pile of broken furniture. I left Teddy sitting on a head-board to scare off any other demons lurking around.

Yesterday, once more, I heard a human sound coming out of the remaining debris. A little stuffed animal was singing Elvis Presley's: "You ain't nothing but a Hound Dog" right up until I threw it out onto the pile. A pile of what remained of the people who did this to the land before it became what will one day become the Creekside Farm.

This is the container after we scraped most of the ground.
Our home will sit about fifty feet to the left and fifty feet
behind where this picture was taken from.
Nasty little bears aside we love this place and have put it some long hours trying to get it cleared enough to begin cleaning it out. Yesterday we did the impossible once more: we cleaned out the container, all forty-five feet of it. The stuff we kept, stuff that once blonged to someone else and we kept to tell the story of a part of this place, only filled half a small wash tub. Of all the stuff we found there was absolutely NOTHING of any value in any of the ninety yards of debris..

That's how this whole thing has gone so far. Long intervals of waiting for things to happen and short intervals of really sweaty work digging through trash.

Today you can see most of the trash in one long glance.




I

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar