I know that I have showed you bits and pieces of the kitchen redo but I thought it was fine time I showed you some overall views. I found out yesterday that the kitchen island I ordered from Williams Sonoma will not be delivered for another 2-3 weeks. I was waiting for that to show you a complete reveal, but we will just have to wait. Bummer.
So this is the kitchen now... ...and this was it 4 weeks ago. We kept the original cabinets as you know, but had them taken off and revarnished and new hinges put on. New granite counter tops replaced these green things that I had for 20 years. We went with brushed nickel knobs and pulls to blend in with the stainless steel appliances. Try as I might, I can't help but have a little {lot} of clutter on my counters. Some of it is even functional!Next on my list is to take down the hideous wallpaper border and paint. It went well with the green counters but not these. I think you have seen the built in spice rack that I love, it's opposite the stove and so handy. Now, if I had a place to hide that humongous bag of dog food. My apron hangs on a little broom closet that was extra space and above it is a wee little cabinet for plastic bags. This is the little peninsula that looks out into the living room. Most kitchens adjoin a family room, but this house was originally only 2 bedrooms and an addition was made in the 1940's that included a family room that is at the other end of the house. This looks from the sink area to the dining area and the living room beyond. The fireplace was made by the same carpenter that did the cabinets, all in pine. It looks like a lot of wood but I just tossed the big cream colored area rug I had in the living room and have something else ordered. It looks a lot cozier with the rug. Sorry...this is a repeat picture!! And this is a final picture looking from the living room. As you can see, I have plenty of room for that island and I just can't wait. Did I mention that it has a marble top for rolling out dough? I have been stocking up on all of my favorite baking ingredients and implements. It would have been fantastic to have had in time for the holidays, but hey, this isn't too shabby!
I have new counter stools ordered, they are distressed white chairs with backs and upholstered seats in a gold/yellow. I am also looking for blinds. In the spring I am going to rip off the nasty wallpaper above the cabinets and paint it a nice cream color along with the walls.
So, there we have it. I'm really happy and so happy that it turned out this well. I'm joining in with a couple of parties: Potpourri Friday at 2805, Feather Your Nest Friday at French Country Cottage and a kitchen linky party with Jennifer Rizzo. Follow the links to join in and have a Happy Week! :-)
0 Yorumlar