Hi, I’m Sarah! I am the one in the middle of the photo. As a current exchange student at RheinAhrCampus and as someone who is always interested in getting to know other cultures and meeting new people, the International Week that took place during the first week of June was a real treat. Countless representatives from foreign universities and countries joined the fair and the atmosphere could not have been more cheerful. Merely engaging in simple conversation with people from such different backgrounds was exciting and eye-opening! I particularly enjoyed the lecture of a guest speaker from the Sunshine Coast University in Australia who introduced us to a completely different way of teaching and learning, as well as giving us a bit of an idea on the Australian coastal lifestyle (which is very tempting). I also got intrigued by the representative stand of Azerbaijan, a country which I didn’t know much about beforehand and which looks like it is definitely worth a visit.
Being half-Jordanian and having lived the past few years of my life in Jordan, it was a pleasure to represent our country and university at the fair. Jordan is a friendly place full of hospitality and warmth, with cultural sites such as Petra, Wadi Rum and the Dead Sea, and it was a great feeling to introduce it to visitors of the International Week and to allow them to get to know it a little better (and maybe put it on their list of places to travel to!).
- Sarah Khalaf


0 Yorumlar