Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

More of those Things

.


It started here, continued here, here, here, here, here and here, where we left off sometime more than a week ago before I determined to bore everyone with weather reports. Now, all I can report is Grandma Skip and I are running off for a few days. That means there may or may not be some further posts, depending upon wi-fi.
Oh yeah we now have 100 things plus.

51 – I've been married twice and there were three children from the first marriage, a boy and two girls. My son and oldest daughter are adults now. The youngest died when she was eleven years old.

52 – If I ever ask for help, the situation has already reached the critical stage.

53 – I never really retired. After leaving my last job I just never actively sought employment. I told my immediate boss I was quitting. Somehow it was translated to “retiring' when he told his bosses. They even got me a watch.

54 – It's been so long since I wore a watch I can't remember the last time I used one.

55 – Telephones annoy me. I spent so long in middle management that I still cringe when the phone rings. For a long time I really hated telephones.

56 – I'm not sure anyone calls me Uncle Skip, except on the Internet.

57 – I have some really good friends I wouldn't have met if it hadn't been for a combination of Lions Clubs and the World Wide Web.

58 – Somebody asked me once why I hadn't stayed in the Navy. It was mostly because we were understaffed. When the rest of the ship was standing three section watches, we were on two sections. Yet when it came to the upper levels in my rate, there was virtually no room for advancement. Then there was that thing about no shore duty billets except for instructors. I didn't see much of a future.

59 – I'm fascinated by woodpeckers, too, particularly the one who hangs around our oak tree.




60 – Unlike Rodney Dangerfield, when I was a kid we only moved twice. The first time from an apartment near Golden Gate Park to the house behind the fire department in a neighborhood that would best be described as between neighborhoods. We weren't in St Francis Woods. We weren't in West Portal. We weren't in Twin Peaks. We were right next to all of them. We lived there for about a year. In that year my mom met my stepdad, was courted, and they were married. We then moved 30 miles south on the Peninsula to Menlo Park... well actually Menlo Park was a block away. We were in an unincorporated area of San Mateo County. It was right across the street from the town of Atherton. So we were only near someplace else, again. I lived there until I finished graduated from high school [I think the distinction may be important]. Then I didn't really move. It was more like relocation because of military service.

.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar