Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Friday Fences

I am delighted to be joining in with Friday Fences
many thanks to Meggie on the Prairie for introducing me to it.


I often walk past these metal railings, I have always liked the juxtaposition of the metal, old wood, tiles and greenery.
Today I obtained permission to photograph the rails from inside the paddock.

I particularly like the patina on these old metal railings.    They have seen some life but they are sturdy and strong.    Our little village has an elderly resident blacksmith and I like to think that the railings were made by him, or one of his ancestors.





I love the textures, the wear, the rust and the tiles of this little barn which butts up to the railings...





and I like the way nature is doing her best to subsume the metal.
My antics with the camera on this wet and soggy day were overseen by dear old Arnold.  
Part of the function of this fence is to keep him safe from the lane.
Long may it do so.

The old brown horse has a shaggy coat,
But once he was young and trim,
And he used to trot through the woods and lanes
With a woman who was fond of him.

Excerpt from a poem by W F Holmes

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar