These are the easiest little hors d'oeuvres you could have ready in a roll in the freezer..
We like them very much..
I first started making these..at least 20 years ago.. a client invited us to a house warming and served these..she shared the recipe..You can tweak by adding herbs..
I love fresh rosemary in them~
The recipes abound on the web..I am including one..try it..
I love to make a batch..
roll tightly in individual rolls and freeze.. then if Jacques and I want a melt in your mouth treat with a glass of wine..they are there waiting for us~
This is an original recipe..
La RecetteOne of many on the net~
CHEDDAR CHEESE CRISPS 3/4 c. softened butter (1 1/2 sticks)
10 oz. extra sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
1 1/2 c. sifted flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8-1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
3 c. Rice Krispies
Cream butter and cheese until well blended. Add flour, salt and pepper and cayenne and herbs.. Blend well. Add Rice Krispies . Make tiny balls of teaspoon amounts of dough.(See below for the version I make off by heart)
Place on ungreased cookie sheet and press down with fork. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. . Store in airtight container.
I roll into logs and cut coin shapes..partially frozen..and bake ap 13 mins...at 350F
This is how I make ours..
1/2 cup butter softened
1 cup strong cheddar..or parmigiana.. whatever you love
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp of salt
a pinch of cayenne
chopped fresh rosemary to taste or sage.. any herb you enjoy
11/4 cups Rice Krispies
My recipe says..mix knead roll:)
So you can see that I adapt..and modify:)And re the amount of Rice Krispies..I can FEEL how much to put so they are not too crumbly..or soft.
I like them dry and melt in your mouth.
From the original recipe book I made for our girls..ap 10 Christmases ago.
0 Yorumlar